Below is an overview of the steps we have taken as a result of the spread of the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 in Europe. Like many other companies, we monitor the situation very closely and follow the official recommendations.
MACD is based in two main locations - Urdorf in Switzerland and Aachen in Germany. Many of our staff already use home office, and we can provide support for our systems remotely.
We have recently moved to a VOIP telephone system which works across locations - staff in one location, or in home office, can pick up the phone from the other location. The same is true of our e-mail systems where we have a shared support inbox.
- Almost all employees already work in the home office.
- For staff traveling on public transport, we have asked them not to travel during rush hour. MACD will also pay for the upgrade to 1st class.
- All staff (including those with flexible working hour contracts) will continue to be paid a full salary.
- We are not carrying out face to face meetings or customer visit.
- We encourage our staff to avoid direct contact with older relatives but to stay in contact with them by telephone or video link.
- We have kept our staff up to date with the latest information provided by the government.
We are of course monitoring the situation on an ongoing basis. For us, it is very important to protect our employees from an infection, whilst at the same time continuing to run our systems, and provide the high level of support that our customers expect from us.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.